Friday, September 5, 2008

PURPOSE OF THIS JOURNAL

I have been coaching for some 6 years, the last 4 years taking on paid clients. I am grateful to all my early coachees - guinea pigs, courageous desperados, gracious volunteers - for giving me the practice and the permission, or space, to learn on the job.

Watching another human being transformed is a fascinating and exhilarating experience. Unlike God who created life and sustains it, a coach does not have to be omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent to facilitate miraculous changes and development. But a coach shares in the same joy as God the Creator does in seeing people come alive and love life.

This journal is a collection of positive moments in my journey as a coach. It is focused on the blessings I receive as a coach. These are incidents that cause me to CELEBRATE
  • because of what another person has achieved
  • because of what I have achieved
  • and simply because of how we choose to see things.

James Chia 5 Sep 08

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

James, I love your natural style of writing, your authenticity, and the way you share your excitement. Your "Purpose of this Journal" is truly inspiring and makes me want to subscribe so I get any updates. (I'm sure I'll work out how to shortly)
It made me think, what is the purpose of my blog? I love to share my blessings, my random thoughts (useful ones!) and inspire others to choose thankfulness over worry, to lift their vision... but I must confess that half of the reason I started blogging was to get over my "non-techie" excuses and limitations!
Love & Blessings, Kerrie