Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Coach in His Community

I attended a training last weekend called Passion In Life (Basic). We had formed a Kick-Ass Group that was to have our first meeting on Fri 18 Feb at 5.30pm.

I received this SMS from S on Fri 18 Mar 2011 350pm:
Hi James tis is S. Please accept my apology for not coming for today's meeting. After knowing that most of them are in MLM and with you the leader and after much thought I think its better not to attend. My passion for real estate is too strong. Pls read my email. Tks.

My SMS reply:
I saw yr email buddy. I told you we will NOT talk about mlm or prospect you. Its ok, I accept your choice. I hope you don't mind I meet you on our own because I respect you very much -at 62yrs old still coming for training!! That is something I admire. I am sure I can learn from your attitude. We catch up next month as I am going to Paris next week. Thanks buddy, James

SMS from S:
Thank you. You are humble and a good leader. I am what I am is all due to my 20 yrs in real estate industry. Believe me - Its an aggressive and hard tactics field. I will love to meet-up after ur return. Cheer's. S

At 5.40pm, I was pleasantly surprised to see S turn up for our meeting and we were blessed by his eager sharing.

When S wrote that first SMS, I had a choice to be curt in my response or be kind and gracious. He was not my coachee. I celebrate that I chose to practise being kind and gracious. I practiced how I want my community to be.

No comments: